Thursday, April 16, 2020

Wednesday April 15, 2020

Wednesday April 15, 2020

Blog time 1100 sitting in office

Ms P has been sleeping in lately.  Nancy took her out at 0615.  She reported it was cold but not windy.  Good today I will take my winter bike for a spin.

I slept until 0700.  Looked out the window and saw it had started to snow hard.  The radio said the roads were slippery with several accidents.  So quick change of plans no bike ride today.  Nancy also postponed her walk.

I took several pictures of our snowy backyard.  I sent them to the Grandkids.

Today is my easy Wednesday.  I did some mild calisthenics and then showered.  Quick breakfast.  I highly recommend Better Oaks Instant oatmeal.  I just put it in a bowl, add water and microwave for 90 seconds.  Very tasty.  

I have spent more time in my office recently than ever before.  The electric fireplace is indispensable.  I like playing all my CDs.

This and that:

My Parents and Grandparents always talked about the Depression of the 20s and 30s but I never heard them talk about the 1918 flu pandemic.  The flu pandemic killed over 50 million folks worldwide.

The President’s Daily news conference is embarrassing.  I turn it off when he comes on.  His recent performances may cost him the Presidency.

Local gas prices vary wildly.  Meijer’s price is about $1.50 but I have heard prices below $1.

I miss restaurants and talking to folks.

Because of the Coronavirus the April 15 tax filing deadline has been moved.  I bet most folks will still file today.  We did.

Our Governor Whitmer has been getting a lot of heat for her stay at home order.  Big rally in Lansing today.  No Governor in their right mind would lift the ban before getting approval from their Medical staff.

Finished yesterday’s blog this morning.  Read the Alpena News and my email before heading out on a morning walk.

It was snowing with temps in high 20s but no wind.  Today I walked 2 miles.  I did not encounter any other walkers.

Lunch of yogurt, hard boiled egg and cheese.  Being my easy Wednesday also did a load of laundry and took out trash and recyclables.  

Returned to office to continue reading and writing.  We wanted info on our Macatawa accounts.  Checked with their online site and guess what, it was down.  We are very dependent on the internet and when it fails it causes problems.

This afternoon I checked the Apple TV in the den.  I thought we had downloaded YouTube.  I was wrong.  However, Debbie had down loaded Apple’s photos app.  I logged in and Nancy and I sat down and looked at the last five years of photos I had taken.  Saw photos of our trips to Northern Rockies, Chile, Ireland, Panama and of course California.  All the photos were stored on the cloud. I really don’t understand the cloud but it is great.

I thought todays snow was unusual.  I was wrong we had snow on April 15 the last three years.

Took a nap and got up just in time for dinner, no apple snack today.  Tonight was cereal night.  I have switched from Cheerios to Fiber One because the later has more fiber.  Fiber is king for us old men.  Fixed Nancy her cheese/cracker snack.

After watching the news and Jeopardy in the living room we moved to the den.  Turned on Apple TV and watched an episode of Endeavour.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us tonight to check up on the old folks.  We really appreciate the girl’s nightly calls.  Thank you.

It was snowing when I took Ms P out at 2200.  Another cold night with temps in mid 20s.






No comments: