Sunday, April 26, 2020

Saturday April 25, 2020

Saturday April 25, 2020

Blog time 1715 sitting in office

Nancy was up early this morning.  Took Ms P out and was getting ready for a walk when I got up at 0715.  It was 35 when Nancy headed out for her 2.5 mile walk.

I headed downstairs and did reduced calisthenics before shaving and showering.  Breakfast the morning was the same as always, oatmeal, banana, and 1/2 sandwich thin with peanut butter.  

The Sheltering In Place probably has hurt businesses like Panera.  I have not had a cup of coffee in a week and don’t miss it.  The Better Oats instant oatmeal I have at home is better than Panera’s so I will now have my oatmeal at home.  

My first project this morning was to find my favorite jack knife.   I checked all my winter coats in storage.  The pants of all the lined pants I had put away.  Finally I found it in the pocket of the bulky winter cardigan I had stored.  Mission accomplished.

Went online and found out that my favorite cleaners was open.  I took eight shirts and two of Nancy’s sweaters.

This morning I also took a short walk to the post box.  Longest walk this week.

Spent the rest of the morning in my office checking emails and reading papers.  Can I really call it a paper if the image is digital.  Will my Grandkids just say online news?

Lunch was yogurt, hard boiled egg and Pinconning cheese and crackers.  I took a nap following lunch.  No apple snack after the nap.  I just forgot!

For dinner Nancy fixed stout pie with a salad and baguette.  Nancy had Mac&cheese.  Nancy and I also split a Lava Cake.  Sinful.

Tonight we headed directly to the den to watch a movie on Apple TV.  Before starting I fixed a drink.  8oz of lemonade with a shot of Ginger Whisky.  The ingredients were part of a birthday gift from Kathi Kothe.  Very good it could be habit forming.

Before the movie we got FaceTime messages from both Debbie and Missy.  They complained of the heat and we envied them.  Every one is doing ok.

The movie we selected was on Prime,  The Double starring Richard Gere.  Nancy gave it a C+ and I gave it a C-.  

The temp was in mid50s when took Ms P out at 2200.  Nice day tomorrow with temperature reaching 60.







No comments: