Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday March 24, 2010

2053: The alarm goes off at 0545. It is breakfast club morning. I take care of Ms P and bring Nancy her coffee and then I head to the Women's Civic Club for the meeting. The breakfast was real good, eggs, waffles, ham, American fries and a banana. A number of the members are still down south but I think at least 75% of the members were present. After the meeting I head to the Kava House to read the DFP. I wanted to relax before heading home and facing raking the lawn.

It took me four hours to finish raking the lawn. It feels good to have this miserable job done. Thank goodness I only do it once a year. All my other yard chores are much easier. Ms P was with me the entire time today. Nancy had to work at the Gardens this afternoon.

After all the yard work Ms P and I took a 30 minute nap. After the nap we drove to Russo's so I could purchase some $4.99 wine. I bought two bottles. Nancy was home when Ms P and I returned from our errand. Our taxes arrived today and for once Nancy and Bob will receive a refund. We signed all the forms and I walked over to EGR City Hall to mail the taxes.

We watched the news and read the paper. At 2000 Nancy watched Mercy. I do not like that show.

Yesterday as I was walking around the block with Ms P in tow, I thought of my Dad saying he would never retire. After all what would he do "walk a little doggie carrying a pooper scooper"! What would Dad think of me now? Last week I thought I would increase the fiber in my diet naturally by eating dried prunes. I went to Meijer's and asked the girl where the dried prunes were located. She said they are no longer called prunes. They are dried plums. 95% of the buyers of dried plums are still old men looking to increase the fiber in their diet. What a difference a name makes? I think not.

We have had an incredible string of great weather. It is suppose to rain tomorrow. I need a rainy day to get all my winter projects completed. Getting 30' in is a breeze.

No comments: