Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday March 5, 2010

1349: Spring is here I rode my bike this morning to the MAC. After my morning at home routine I put on a warm jacket and mittens and got on the AT (all terrain) and headed to the MAC. I encountered several ice patches but the AT had no problem plowing through them. Since I was not limited by the time on a parking meter I had time to read both the DFP and WSJ. Today's DFP had an article on a contractor for the City of Detroit who paid the ex-mayor and his father hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes. The saga continues.

I got home at 1300 had a quick lunch and then started writing this blog. This afternoon Nancy and I are heading to the Home Show downtown and then to a hockey game at the Van Andel. We are going to the hockey game with the Moleski's. Tonight is $1 beer and hot dog night. Stay tuned.

2236: At 1500 we left for the Home Show. We are looking for some ideas for the bathroom in the master bedroom. The crowd did not seem very large but it might be typical for a Friday afternoon. We walked around and saw all the displays. At 1730 we headed towards Van Andel Arena. We took the skyway from the Home Show to the Arena. Didn't even have to step outside. We met the Moleski's as planned at 1800. The place was crowded. The lines for the $1 beer and hot dogs were very long. $1 beer night last for 2 hours. There is a limit of two beers each visit but you can go back as much as you like. I think the folks in front of us had about 8 beers each. Needless to say the crowd was quite loud. It was a good game. GR won 3-1. There were 60 shots on goal.

Today was another bright sunny day with temperatures in the mid 40s. Tomorrow I am going on a 20 mile ride on the White Pine Trail.

No comments: