Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday March 11, 2010

1730: I was out of bed by 0630. My normal routine was completed without a hitch. On Mondays and Thursdays I have added dead lifts to my routine. I read that us old folks should lift weights. I hate lifting weights. However, I read several articles that said if you have to do one weight exercise it should be the dead lift. It is suppose to strengthen the core. I now lift 110 pound. I do three sets of five.

After the MAC I pedaled to the Kava House and read both the DFP and WSJ. It took nearly 1.5 hours. On my way home I stopped Ms P and Nancy on their way to Williams Kitchen and Bath. Nancy is looking for a new sink and head for the master bathroom. I had a quick lunch and then spent some time on my computer. Ed Namey sent me some data on Bing maps. I looked at some of the maps but they are not as good as Google Earth. I am continuing my battle with Verizon about a rebate on my new phone. The phone came in a teeny box and I threw it away when I unwrapped the Fed Ex box. The teeny box had a bar code that Verizon says I need. Janice at Verizon said without the bar code I cannot get a rebate. I say they activated my phone, I have the Customer Receipt and they are billing me. Anyway I replied to Janice's rejection email by saying I am contacting the PSC, etc. What does she care.

On a lighter note. Nancy and I measured the bathroom and I drew up at plan with all the dimensions. I did it on a copy of ACAD light that I have. I was surprised that I remembered how to use ACAD. Nancy is working at Meijer Garden tonight so she is fixing her famous soup she served the Book Club last night.

I was going to take a walk later on this afternoon but it started to rain. This evening I might continue working on the Sanborn family tree. Dad had a huge book on the Sanborn family and I finally was able to figure out the secret code. I can go five generation past GG Sanborn.

2059: After dinner I watched the news and tried to find a good movie on HBO or Encore. No luck. I called Helen today and told her that Tom Kennedy has passed away. Tom grew up three doors south of our house on First Street. He was married to a classmate of Helens.

When Nancy got home from the Gardens she said she got soaked walking to her car. We are now heading for bed.

No comments: