Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wednesday December 31, 2008

The last blog of 08. It snowed last night. Nancy and I cleared the snow in record time. Practice makes perfect. Wednesday is my easy day so I swam 1100 yards. I wore my swim mask that covers my nose. Since my swim 8 hours ago, my nasal passages are still clear. The MAC must have changed their pool chemicals.

I had breakfast at a small cafe in a strip mall on 28th St between Breton and Kzoo. I rate it a 2.5

After breakfast I ran to Costco for Nancy. I had to buy some green beans. Costco was not very crowded.

We have some serious paint peeling in the kid's bathroom. I thought we had repaired these cracks last winter when we renovated the bathroom. I assumed we might be getting some condensation for our bathroom fan. So I got out my flashlights, face mask and ladder and inspected the attic. I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of the insulation. The insulator did a great job. I crawled over to the fan and noted that is was properly vented to the outside. The vent connection to the fan was secure. I probed around the insulation and could find no evidence of moisture. Therefore I assume the plaster cracking was caused by a subpar repair job last January.

I took down the outdoor Christmas lights. I had to get out 2 ladder in order to accomplish this task. Hands on cold aluminum ladders is not pleasant.

Nancy grilled a steak for dinner. We also had sweet potatoes with a honey-nut sauce. It was great. For our New Years Eve enjoyment we watched 2 movies, In Bruges and Bucket List. I gave the former a 2.2 grade and the latter a 3.2.

We watched the ball fall in Times Square from bed. At least we can stay awake until 12.

This is my third attempt at this blog. I am having computer and internet problems. Happy New Year.

No comments: