Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday January 3, 2009

Started this Saturday with a brisk walk to the MAC. I ran 18 minutes which is approximately 1.88 miles. I then walked to the Kava House for coffee and the NY Times. It takes me 1 hour to get through the International section of the paper. I have been making an effort to read faster but to no avail. Why have we not seen a picture of Bernie Madoff's wife or sons? Is Caroline Kennedy ready for prime time? I don't think so.

I am having problems with my computer. After the machine has warmed up it develops bouncy vertical green and red lines. The only way to correct the problem is to turn the machine off.

I took my new GPS watch outside to lock on to some satellites. I walked to the post office and the watch recorded the time and distance. It is .88 miles to the post office. This checks out with my car speedometer and goggle earth. The watch has a lot of whistle and bells. I will use heart monitor next week.

This evening Nancy and I had left overs and cleaned out the reefer. We watched "Burn after Reading". I rate it a 3.3.

On this day in 1938, great grandfather delivered some kindling wood to relatives. In the evening he listened to President Roosevelt. The family always has had an interest in politics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe the madoffs are enjoying the sunshine in the caymans.