Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday January 24, 2009

It was cold this morning. Temperature was in the single digit. It being Saturday and not being able to bike or kayak I decided to walk around Reeds Lake. I bundled up and headed out. I wore my mittens instead of gloves so my hands were warm during the walk. I was surprised at the number of runners out this morning. The run around Reeds Lake must be on the schedule of a running club.

I stopped at D&W in Gaslight Village and bought a NYT. I was going to eat a standard breakfast (eggs, hashbrowns and toast) at Wolfgangs but it had a waiting list. I then walked to the Brandywine and it also had a waiting list. The lesson learned is that if you want breakfast in GR get to the diner before 0800. I had a scone and roll at the Kava House.

I spent some time changing light bulbs, outdoor flood lights and filling the bird feeders. I bought some shelled corn and spread it on the ground for the squirrels. The squirrels like the corn but they still climb up and empty the suspended bird feeder. Despite all my ideas I cannot keep the squirrels off the bird feeder. My next effort will be a squirt gun.

Nancy and I drove to the Rivertown Mall. We spent a hour at the mall. Since I have been retired I really have no need for new clothes. I am amazed at the number of shirts and sweaters in my closet that I am now wearing. I use to put on a clean pair of pants every day. Now it is every 2 days. I have enough shirts to last several years. I will get some new jeans in the spring.

For dinner tonight we stopped at Russ's. We were the youngest couple there. We both had soup and a double meat burger. Nancy fixed ice cream with brownies for a snack when we got home. Tonight we will watch a movie on TV.

This date in Ossineke, MI 1938. It rained all day with temperature around 40. No school today (Monday) the teacher was sick. GG noted that Lexie was washing. I must look up my GGmother's first name. Was it Lexie? I know she lived to be 100.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the name Lexie.

You need to see if you can get a frequent member card for the Kava House.