Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday January 17, 2009

Boy was it cold this morning. Wind chills were well below 0. However, I was undaunted. I bundled up and walked to the Amway Grand Plaza. I bought a NYT and an apple fritter at their deli. The apple fritter was one of the best I have had. That includes the market Tasha took us to in Cleveland.

At 1000 I walked over to the Trailer and RV show at the Convention Center. It was crowded. I looked at all the RV's and tow able trailers. The trailers ran from $10,000 to $100,000. They had several RV's that were on sale for $180,000. I think the economy is bad because compared to other years the prices were really reduced. One company that sold high end RV's (100,000+) was going out of business. The only thing I would have purchased is an Airstream Bambi trailer. This trailer is very streamlined and light. However, $44,000 is a little pricey for a 16' unit.

Speaking of going out of business Circuit City is closing all its stores and selling everything. I bought this computer last week at CC.

It had warmed up outside so the walk home was warmer. It had snowed about 2" since 0800. I shovelled the walks and drives when I got home. The bird feeders were empty so I filled them and put out some corn for the squirrels.

I am sitting in my warm office typing this blog. Outside it is snowing heavily. We are not going out tonight and I am looking forward to some home made chili that Nancy has left over from her book club. We will have to get up early tomorrow to get our drive shovelled before going swimming.

Tasha sent me some family information that she had received from dad several years ago. I will spend some time sorting out the material. It looks very interesting.

Ossineke MI this date. GG made patty's (?) for washing the Post Office. It was very cold. Temperature remained in the teens all day. It also was snowing and the roads were getting bad.

No comments: