Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday January 20, 2009

It was real cold this morning, 1 degree. Despite the cold I decided to walk to the MAC because it was very sunny. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Of course every sunny day is a good day for a walk. After the MAC I walked to the Kava House.

Today is Inauguration Day. I watched the parade and the speeches. I am always impressed on how smoothly transitions are accomplished. Isn't USA great?

On January 20, 1961 I was a recent graduate of the U of M. 1960 was the first year I could vote and I voted for Nixon. I was living in an apartment in Ann Arbor and had accepted a job in Detroit. Because I had no car I could not move my stuff to Detroit. So I moved my stuff from my apartment to the fraternity house a short distance away. Since I had nothing to do I watched Kennedy's Inauguration. It was a great speech (remember "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country")

In case you are wondering how I got my stuff to Detroit. The next weekend my parents were attending a conference in Detroit. I took the bus to Detroit and borrowed their car for the move.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG and GGmother drove to Hubbard Lake to have dinner with my grandparents. My grandmother Florence Sanborn Scott was GG daughter.

My Guncle Guy drove his son david (my 2nd cousin) and his daughter Sister, also my 2nd cousin to Alpena for the winter carnival.

No comments: