Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday January 14, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0535. I get out of bed because I must perform the 4 s and shovel and then get downtown for the 0700 breakfast club. I met several new folks at the breakfast club.

After the breakfast club I came home and shovelled again. At 1200 I headed for the MAC. I swam 1100 yards. The rest of the afternoon I spent napping and playing with the computer.

At 4:30 I again shovelled the walk so that Nancy's book club members could get up our hill. Sixty years ago when I was a lad of 10 I had to shovel the walk, at 123 First Ave, down to bare concrete. Grandmother Hughes had her book club once a week at our house. Every body in Alpena walked so it was important that the walk was clear. I still remember the names of most of the ladies. There was Goodie Osgood, Alice Powers, the 3 Potter sisters, Mrs Allan and Grandmother.

This evening I met Tom M at a pizza joint for beer and pizza. Tom had a flat tire so he used my cell phone and called a tow service. They came and fixed the tire while we ate.

Ossineke, Mi 1938. Aunt Julia is sick in bed. Aunt Julia was the post mistress so I think GG was the substitute. The cow is still alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed about the cow. I jump on first thing before going to bed to read about Bessie (that's what I named her).