Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday January 28, 2009

I had to set the alarm for 0535 because today is Breakfast Club day. It starts at 0700. I looked out the window and saw that I had to shovel. My got my 30 in by shovelling. I got to the Breakfast Club on time. Today I met a club member who went to high school in Terre Haute, In. He went to Garfield HS and graduated in 1952. Nancy went to Wiley and graduated in 1959.

After Breakfast Club I headed to Rosebush to have lunch with cousin Peg. On my way I called Tasha to wish her a happy birthday. Tasha said that Cleveland got buckets of snow and the roads were so bad she had to stay home. Ah winter in the Midwest. The roads in MI were not much better. I noted several cars and trucks in the ditch. Cousin Peg was in a good mood. We had lunch at Applebee's and then stopped at the bank and the Rosebush Library. The girls at the library were really nice. They knew Peg by name and got her several books on CD. They would order any books she wanted. We got back to the Rosebush Manor and I showed Peg how to run the CD player. We put the machine in her bedroom. We spent an hour talking about our uncles and cousins. The ride home was very easy. The pavement was dry and both lanes were open.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. It continues to be very cold in Ossineke. GG noted that his back was better from his recent fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! No one died on my birthday! Long live Aunt Julia!