Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday January 10, 2009

Surprise! we did not have to shovel this morning. I strapped on my GPS and started my walk around Reed's Lake. It was dark when I started. The walk was invigorating. It started to snow about half way on the walk. It snowed until 6 PM. I stopped at the Kava House for coffee and to read the NY Times. I was just finishing when Nancy dropped in. I bought her a coffee and scone. I got home about 1100. The trip was 7.5 miles. I am pleasantly surprised by my walking speed. I average 17.5 minutes for a mile. The GPS works great.

Nancy and I talked about 2 things we could do this afternoon. Hope College was playing Albion College in Holland. I got online and found that tickets were available. The other option was to attend a play at Aquinas. It continued to snow so we decided the trip to Holland was too hazardous. I took a nap and when I woke up we had 4 inches on the ground. We decided to stay home. I started to shovel the drive and walks before dinner. We had a good winter evening dinner, tomato soup and a toasted cheese sandwich. After dinner I finished shovelling. The snow had stopped and it was a beautiful winters night.

January 10, 1938 Ossineke, Mi. Another cold day, 0 AM, 20 at noon and 18 at 7 PM. The cow is no better. GG and cousin David had to turn the cow over. GG also had to haul 6 bushels (it looks like bushel, GG's hand writing is hard to read) of wood to the porch. I love gas heat.

I talked to both Sasha and Tasha today. It is always good to talk to these outstanding young ladies. I have great women in my life. I got my 30 in did you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to fear the worst for the cow.