Friday, March 15, 2019

Thursday March 14, 2019

Thursday March 14, 2019
Blog time 1120 at Panera

Good grief it was 51 when first went out.  My weather app says 30% chance of rain but at 0630 it is still dark so I could not see clouds.

Nancy headed out to her Thursday swim at MVP.  Her foot has been acting up so she might forego the swim.

After breakfast I back out the car.  It was a little after eight and I could see blue sky off to the west.  Put the car back in the garage, pumped up bike tires and rode my bike to the Y.  I took the shortest route, 2 miles.  Felt good to be back on the bike.

At the Y I did calisthenics, walked and a six minute row.  Quick shower and then the short ride to Panera.

My stomach has been under attack and I blame a lot of it on too much coffee.  This morning I substituted milk for coffee.

The Boeing Plane crash and BRexit still dominates the news.  Of course the college entrance scam and the WALL  are also getting mention.

The weather this time of year is fickle.  I pedaled home in a light rain.

Lunch and then some chores.  Took a short nap.  At 1530 Nancy and I headed to Clark at Keller Lake to talk with a sales representative.  Clark is a retirement and assisted living community.

Clark is very popular and has a long waiting list.  We wanted information on their program.  In a perfect world we would like to live in our condo and move only when our declining health requires it.   However, most assisted living communities have long waiting lists.  Should we make an application and get our name on a waiting list?

The Clark Home rep answered all our questions?  We are meeting Monday with Porter Hills another retirement and assisted living community.

After our meeting at Clark we drove the short distance to NOCO restaurant.  NOCO is located on the site of the old Forest Hills Inn.  The place was crowded.  I had a glass of wine and burger.  Nancy had wine, cup of tomato soup and a chicken taco.  The food was good but a little pricey.  We gave it a solid B.

At home we watched the news.  At 1900 I fell asleep and did not wake 2000.  It was early but Nancy headed to bed and I watched episode 1 of Hunted on Prime. 


No comments: