Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Monday March 11, 2019

Monday March 11, 2019
Blog time 1100 at an empty Panera

I was the first up this morning, 0615.  Took Ms P out and the temp was 28.  The temp will not get above 32 today.  Not much snow melt.

Nancy headed to MVP and after breakfast I drove to the Y.  I think I will be able to ride my bike on Thursday.

Calisthenics, walked several laps around the track, and rowed 6 minutes this morning.   I am surprised but despite changes in diet my weight has flatlined.  Can’t explain why?

This and that:

Sure sign Spring is coming.  The first cement boat arrived in Alpena.  This is the unofficial start of the Great Lakes shipping season.

A lot of men I played hockey with in the mid 50s worked on the boats.  They were usually called back to work in early March which meant Tommy Collins and I got more playing time.  Working on the boats was a great paying job.

The second crash of a Boeing 737 Max is going to create some major problems for the company.  I sure hope they find the cause of the crash.
Why doesn’t POTUS just forget about the wall?

I still don’t understand Bitcoins.

 Bright sun when left Panera.  Lunch and then started errands.

First stop was Gazelle Sports.  Looking for a high visibility bike jacket and socks.  No luck.

At  Grand Rapids Lighting bought some bulbs for our ceiling light fixtures.

Moved funds around at Macatawa Bank so we can pay taxes.

Final stop was Walgreen where I bought Mylanta and a small pill holder.

This afternoon:

 I paid our 2018 taxes and walked to the postbox.  

Took a nap.

Put out corn for deer.  

Filled the Taurus.  Gas was $2.45.  Also bought window washer fluid.  Will full service gas stations ever come back?

We had a light dinner, followed by Nancy’s cheese and pill snack.  Watched the news,Jeopardy and then an episode of Grantchester.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Secret City.   




No comments: