Monday, March 18, 2019

Sunday March 17, 2019

Sunday March 17, 2019

HAPPY ST PATRICK’S DAY, 2019

Today is also the birthday of my Great Grandfather James Lee Sanborn.  GGF Sanborn was born on this date in 1856.  He died on Nov 29, 1938.  One of my most cherished possessions is GGF Sanborn’s diary for 1938.  I quote his entries often in this blog.

In my calendar today is the official end of hockey season and the start of Spring.  To reinforce this I saw my first Robin today.

Nancy took Ms P out at 0600.  The temp was 23 with no wind so we decided that we would walk around the block.

Bundled up and walked the 1.25 miles.  Pleasant walk.  We did see one other walker.  With the new DST it was dark the entire walk.  

A sure sign Big Brother is watching.  Got in the Taurus this morning and my watch beeped telling me it was an 11 minute drive to Trinity Lutheran.  How did it know? Scary!

I expected more folks at church this morning.  Pastor Bob gave a great Homily dealing with the recent hate crimes in New Zealand.  Love conquers all!

Short trip to Meijer’s after church.  Gas today was $2.64.

Got home at 1115.  Too early for lunch so I took a 1.2 mile walk.

Lunch and then I finished yesterday’s blog.  
Took a short nap.  
After the nap I fixed our apple snack.
Checked finances and paid bills.  
Walked to mail box to post bills.  
Although the temp was 38 a light snow was coming down.  It just won’t let up.

Nancy is fixing her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I will also have a spinach pie and Irish Soda Bread.  

Almost finished with the soda bread.  The bakeries in GR only make it for two weeks before St Patrick’s Day. 

Tonight we watched 60 Minutes followed by an episode of Secret City.  Secret City is filmed in Australia.  I always thought that most of Australia’s landscape was like the Outback.  In this show the landscape is lush and the climate is mild.

Nancy headed to bed and I watched an episode of Hunted on Prime.  The temperature tonight will plunge to low 20s. 




No comments: