Saturday, March 9, 2019

Friday March 8, 2019

Friday March 8, 2019
Blog time 1130 at Panera

Thank God it is Friday.  First full week of normal exercises and I am bushed.  Rest this weekend.  One week until the Ides of March.

Ms P and I both got up at 0600 this morning.  It was 8 degrees when we went out.  

Presently, 1100, the temperature is 32 with bright sun.  First time in weeks.  An upside to this extended period of temps below freezing.  It kills a lot of bad bugs.

Nancy headed out to MVP.  She is having lunch with Mary Namey at noon.  This afternoon we will pick up our taxes.

I drove to the Y.  Calisthenics and short walk and then rowed 1200 m, 6’.  1200 m seems like the perfect distance for me.  No hip pain and my average heart rate is 150, which I am told is good.

This morning my GP emailed my test results for the ultra sound on my kidney and bladder.  The report said “no abnormalities noted”.  Why not just “everything is normal”?

I like the idea of being able to review medical reports on line.  My GP is computer illiterate.

This and that:

* This morning Nancy is picking up a loaf of Irish Soda Bread at Fresh Thyme.  This bread is only available during St Patrick’s week.

* Space X made a successful water landing. Seeing the parachute landing of the Space X reminds me of the 1962 space capsule landing near Midway Island.  The Astronaut had just completed several orbits.  The capsule was picked up by a Navy ship and brought back to Midway.  Ensign Scott and his division of Seabees picked the capsule from the ship and transported it to a waiting transport plane.  Good memories from Midway.

* Joe Biden said some nice things about VP Pence.  He was scolded by the Progressives for saying nice things about a fellow human.  VP Pence is a religious man who is against gay marriage and abortions.  Joe Biden was made to back away from his nice comments.  What Bullshit!  Biden comes across as a sissy.

* The lights go out in Venezuela and Maduro says it is the USA’s fault.  Good grief.

  • The House is proposing a resolution opposing hate.  You need a resolution for this?  It should be self evident.

After a quick lunch Nancy and I drove to the tax preparers office.  We picked up our tax package, sign papers for electronic filing and paid our bill.  Nice sunny day great for a ride.

This afternoon my activities included:

Short nap.
Put out corn for deer.
Fix apple snack.
Reviewed taxes.  Even though we made more money this years taxes are less than last years.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed ham and scalloped potatoes.  Very good.

Tonight we watched the final episode of season 1, London Kills.  We also watched the final episode of season three of Basch.  







No comments: