Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Monday March 18, 2019

Monday March 18, 2019

Blog time 1110 at Panera

Took Ms P out at 0630 it was a cold 21 but the stars were out nice and bright.  I assumed a sunny day is ahead.

Nancy is a little under the weather this morning so I convinced her to stay in bed.  

We have a busy day ahead.  At 1330 we meet with representatives of Porter Hills Retirement Community.  At 1900 we are attending an adults only showing of the Butterfly exhibit at Meijer’s Garden.

After breakfast I put on my warm bike clothes and headed to the Y in bright sun.  My hands and nose got cold on the 3 mile trip to the Y.  

Calisthenics, walk and 6 minute row before shower.  I don’t know why but my weight has flatlined.  I have been sneaking frozen yogurt into my diet.  I like Costco’s frozen yogurt.  This departure from my sugar free diet has not changed my weight.

The sun has some warmth.  The temperature is now 37 or 16 degrees warmer than 4 hours ago.

This and that:

Boeing being the 500# gorilla in the room has been muscling FAA safety inspectors for years.  I have always said bigness is bad.  

President Trump’s recent comment on John McCain are way out of line.  Can’t he just be civil?

I keep getting info on how to fill out my NCAA BB bracket.  I really don’t care.

Can’t the medical field make up its mind.  Now eggs are bad and so is a low dose daily aspirin.  I will continue eating at least one egg a day.  Love eggs.

Because of our 1330 meeting I cut short my reading and headed home.  Quick lunch and then at 1300 Nancy and I headed to Porter Hills retirement community.

The sales pitch by the Porter Hills rep was identical to the Clark at Keller Lake spiel.  Both facilities are nearly identical including costs.  

We were given a tour of a two bedroom apartment.  Both Nancy and I were impressed with the apartment and the frills that came with it.  I have come 180 degrees on my opinion of a retirement community.  I like it.

Nancy is thinking of moving into a retirement community in two or three years.  I say why not six months?

At home I:

Took a short nap.
Fixed our apple snack.
Checked our financial status.

We had a light dinner before heading to Meijer Gardens.  It was a members only affair.  Snacks and desserts were provided.  We toured the Butterfly exhibit.  The butterflies were very active.  Some very colorful species.

We left at 2015 and it was still light.  At home we watched an episode of the new Martin Clunes show on Acorn.  It is called Manhunt.  We both liked it.

Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  She wanted to check on some family history of high cholesterol.  I had high cholesterol but since I lost over 20 pounds it returned to normal.  My Dad always bragged about his low cholesterol.  I don’t think my Grandparents ever had a cholesterol test.  In fact I think my first check was about 20 years ago.  Nancy has no data on her family.  








No comments: