Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thursday October 1, 2015

October 1, the start of the last quarter of the year and it came in blustery and cool. High temp today was 61 but it was in the low 40s when I left for Panera after the at home stuff. I was layered up. Russia's actions in Syria has made the US and its allies look weak. However, I think Russia has made a big mistake by inserting itself in the Syrian quagmire. Assad is hated by the majority of the Syrian people. I have alway thought that we should not be in the Middle East, period. We have spent billions for failed policies. We have never had a plan. I watched Jeb Bush this morning on Morning Joe. He has some good ideas. My favorite is still the Ohio Gov. I encountered some high winds on my bike ride to MVP. The pool had one empty lane when I arrived so I took it. I swam for 30 minutes. Took a long route home. My iphone said I put 10 miles on the bike. With colder weather coming I spent some time getting my warm weather tees out and sorted. I was surprise how many tees I had. I like the lightweight wool/poly blends. They are warm without being bulky. After lunch I took Ms P on her walk. I was going to take a short nap but slept for over 90 minutes. Tomorrow Kim comes to clean so I walked over to Macatawa Bank to get some money. Nancy fixed a beef Irish pie frozen dinner from Trader Joe's for dinner. It was very good. We watched some TV and now are watching Rosemary and Thyme on netflix. Temps should get down to low 40s tonight. This date in 1938, Ossineke, MI. Great grandfather Sanborn said today was the first day of duck season. Great Uncle Guy and his son David shot six. GGF Sanborn split 33 bu of wood for his upstairs stove. It was a clear day but frost was expected tonight.

No comments: