Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday September 30, 2015

Breakfast Club Wednesday and I had to get up at 0545. It was pitch black when I left at 0630. We had a good turnout at today's meeting. In addition to scrambled eggs they had biscuits and gravy. I had to sample the biscuits and gravy. It is my plebeian upbringing. The speaker today was the Kent County Drain Commissioner. He talked about his office. It was a good presentation. With winter coming I stopped at Mr Thanh to get some wool pants taken in. The weight loss is getting expensive. A new Orvis store has opened in Breton Village. I wear a lot of Orvis clothes so I thought I would stop by and see what they had. I arrived at 0930 and the store did not open until 1000. I did not want to wait so I drove to Woodland Mall. The stores were not yet open so I had a coffee at the Mall's Starbucks. I am looking for corduroy pants, pants not jeans. I stopped at Sears, J. Crew, Penney's, American Eagle and Macy's and none of the stores had cords. Bummer. On the way home I stopped at Costco to see if they had their wool blend long sleeve tees in. I love these shirts for cold weather. No luck. With Art Prize in full swing the Gardens has been very crowded with parking at a premium. Nancy worked this afternoon so I drove her. When I got home I took Ms P on her walk. After lunch I took a short nap. At 1600 picked up Nancy at the Gardens. She said over 2,500 folks visited the Gardens today. I ended the afternoon with a 2.5 mile walk. Nancy fixed poached eggs for dinner tonight. We are now watching Mysteries of Laura. We will end the evening with a short netflex show.

No comments: