Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday October 2, 2015

Friday morning and I set the alarm for 0640. Nancy has two classes at MVP this morning and she had to leave early. I did the at home routine and then bundled up for a cold bike ride. Temps this morning were in the low 40s. Despite the cold it was a great fall day for a ride. I rode 14 miles. The colors are still a week away from their peak. You know it is fall because all the sprinkler companies are driving around the neighborhood with their air compressors. They are blowing out the lines so they won’t freeze. Kim was still cleaning when I got home so I showered and headed to Panera. The shootings in Roseburg, Or have dominated the news. In the summer of 1956 I worked for a timber cutting firm that sold logs to the Roseburg Lumber Company. I have been to Roseburg many times. It is a beautiful area. In 1956 large stands of Douglas Fir dominated the landscape. It just shows you crazies are not confined to urban areas. When I got home Kim was still cleaning so Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed to Costco. Costco had a lightweight down jacket for $20 so I bought it. I have been looking for a down jacket to wear on my bike rides during cold weather. Most of the jackets I looked at were in the $100 range. Time will tell if I made a good decision. Took a short nap and then walked to Macatawa Bank to get some cash. Nancy and I had dinner at Brann’s tonight. We both had a salad. Brann’s has great salads. We watched the news and then netflix. Missy FaceTimed us tonight. She and AJ are still living in a hotel while her condo is being repaired. Her condo was damaged by an upstairs water break.

No comments: