Monday, July 6, 2015

Sunday July 5, 2015

Sunday July 5, 2015

Up at 0645 and got ready for our swim.  Must be the fourth weekend because the pool was empty.  We picked our lanes.  Gas at Meijer’s was at $2.97.  I think it will go down after the holiday.  Nancy and I will only be home two nights next week so our purchases at Meijer’s were minimal.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs on waffles for breakfast.  I read the funnies and then took my nap.  At 1630 we got in the Taurus and headed to Meijer’s Garden.  Tonight we are working at the Doobie Brothers concert.  Nancy and I had to work the rented chair areas.  Folks rent a chair for $5 and must sit in a designated area.  Because the concert was sold out we had to place the chairs close together.  Some renters objected to the density.  Nancy and I stayed for the concert.  I recognized several songs but got turned off by the noise level.  We were home by 2200.


On this date in 1938, Ossineke, Mi:  GGF Sanborn worked in his garden in the morning and the post office in the afternoon.  Also in the afternoon Rex Snell and family stopped by on their way to a family vacation in Norway.  GGF did not say if it was Norway, MI for Norway in Europe.

No comments: