Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday July 6, 2015

Monday morning and it looks like a nice warm and sunny day.  Nancy was out the door early so she could get to her class at MVP.  I did the at-home stuff and then got on my bike and headed out.  Today I rode on a bike trail along Bailey Drive.  My first time on this trail.  It was hilly but scenic.  The entire ride was 16 miles.  Showered and then headed to Panera.  Greece still dominated the WSJ.  On CNBC this morning they showed a graphic that showed the percentage of taxes collected in Germany and Greece.   89 percent of Germans pay their taxes while only 10% or less of Greek citizens pay their taxes.  The solution for Greece seems simple.  I took the scenic route home.

After a quick lunch I got in the Cobalt and headed to Meijer’s.  I have a sinus infection so my ENT Doctor phoned in a prescription for me.  I do not have any shorts that fit me so I stopped at Woodland Mall.  Macy’s did not have what I wanted so I headed to American Eagle.  I bought two pair on shorts.  I also stopped at a sporting goods store and bought a UM Tee.

Today the painters came and stained our upper deck and the small kitchen deck.  Tomorrow they will paint the wrought iron railing on the upper deck.

We had a light dinner.  It is now 1943 and I am in my office writing this blog.  It is cool in the lower level.  I have the dehumidifier running so the dankness is gone.

On this date in 1927:  My Grandmother Hughes took a bus from England to Ayr, Scotland.  GM Hughes had relatives living in Ayr.

On this date in 1960, I had a summer job working for the Vermont Highway Dept.  I was on a traveling survey crew.  On this date we were working in Ludlow, VT and staying at the Valente’s Motel.  I wrote Mom that the work was interesting.  Over the 4th I worked at a golf course in Manchester, VT.  I made $21 being a caddy.  The weather has been great and I was getting a good tan.


AND MOST IMPORTANT:  On this date in 1974 Veronica Robles was born.  Of course as everyone know Veronica is our daughter-in-law, and she is a great one.  Happy Birthday Veronica.

No comments: