Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday July 13, 2015

Monday morning and the weather folks say heavy rains in GR by 0900.  I accept their prediction and drive the cobalt to Panera, after the morning routine of course. Greece and Iran dominates this mornings WSJ.  I am not so sure that the WSJ might have written prematurely about the Greece deal.   It rained hard all the time I was at Panera.  We needed the rain.  Our rainfall is 2" below normal.

All the experienced bikers says that shoe clips are the most efficient way to pedal a bike.  I have a pair of bike shoes with clips and lately have been using them.  Friday I was using the clips and was getting ready to dismount when one clip did not release.  I took a tumble.  Concluded that a 77 year old klutz should not use clips.   After Panera today I drove to the Freewheeler bike store on Leonard and bought a pair of grabber pedals.  The pedals has serrated edges to keep my shoes from slipping.  I can use normal shoes with some assurance that my feet will not slip.

When I got home Nancy and I headed to Costco.  Nancy got her malaria pills and I bought wine, sandwich rolls, cheerios and cheese.  Meijer's called and said that my malaria pills were ready.  My pills are different from Nancy's because her pills would react with my MG medication.  The sun came out at 1400 so I put on my bike riding clothes and took an eight mile ride (using my super duper new pedals).  Meijer's is at the end of my ride so I stopped and picked up my pills.

It is now 1947 and the temperature is 81.  I am sitting on our deck writing this blog.  For the first time this year we have the AC on.  Tonight we will watch Major Crimes on TNT.

No comments: