Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday August 25, 2010

2111: At 0546 the alarm goes off and I get up and ready for Breakfast Club. I left at 0630 and it was still dark. They had a full house today and the speaker gave a talk on Home Health Care for us old folks. He also was a big proponent for Long Term Care insurance. I don't think anyone at my table has this insurance. One of the members said that Long Term Care insurance is mandated in the new Federal Health Insurance program. I did not know that.

After the meeting I head home and picked up Ms P. I stopped by Meijer's to get a prescription filled. I also stopped at Woodland Mall to get a new toiletries Kit. The travel store I thought might have a kit has been closed for 6 months. Nobody ever lets me know. Eddie Bauer also did not have any kits.

I took a quick nap and then changed handlebars on the AT. Yes, I also changed the handlebars on this bike on Sunday. The straight bar allow me to use a good rear view mirror. I have become very safety conscious lately and a good mirror is important. I strapped on the GPS and headed to Ada via Fulton Street. I stopped at the Ada Bike Shop to just look around. I took Ada Drive on my ride home. I put 20 miles on the bike. It was a beautiful day for a ride. I noted that some of the trees are getting some color.

I did not read either the WSJ or DFP today. This evening after my cereal I read the GRP. Not much in the paper. About 0830 I took a 1 mile walk. Ms P did not want to go with me.

Speaking of Ms P several times today the little girl down the street stopped by and wanted to play with Ms P. One time she even brought a dog biscuit. Ms P has more friends than I do.

No comments: