Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday August 16, 2010

2146: No alarm this morning but I did get up at a decent hour 0630. I followed my week day routine except that I pedaled the retro instead of the AT to the MAC. Folks must still be on vacation because the MAC was not very crowded. I started doing curls this morning. I used 35# on the right arm and 15# on the left. I did not experience any pain. After shaving my head and showering I got dressed and headed to the lounge. I got out the kindle and the WSJ and DFP downloaded instantly. I turned off the kindle and headed to the Kava House.

The Kava House like the MAC was also empty. I read both the DFP and WSJ. I sat in the old smoking area with the windows open. It was very pleasant today with temperatures in the 70s and little humidity. The weather man said this was the first day since July 1 that the temperature did not hit 80.

When I got home from the Kava House I had a quick lunch and then loaded Ms P in the C2 to run some errands. I stopped at the MAC to put a clean pair of shorts in my locker. Our next stop was the Meijer's on 28th Street. This Meijer's is also called the third world store. This new store is nice. The aisles are wide and well lighted. New is good. They are still tearing down the old store and as soon as that is accomplished they will be able to finish the parking lot. I also got some gas a Meijer's. Gas was $2.71.

Nancy and Karen Horlings left this morning for lunch with my sister and a fellow Albion buddy, Mary Ellen. They met in Lansing and had a great time. As soon as Nancy got home she had to head to the Gardens to work this evening.

I got on the retro and rode around Reeds Lake, twice. I covered 11 miles in 1h08'. This evening I had cereal with blueberries. Or maybe I should say I had blueberries with cereal. Michigan blueberries are the best. I watched the evening news and then watched Sheppard Smith on Fox News from 7 to 8. I also read the GRP.

We got the new Vanity Fair on Saturday and tonight I read an article on a NY accountant who stole $53M from a lot of well know NY and Hollywood folks. The guys name was Ken Starr. Not that Ken Starr. I am still amazed at how dumb smart people are. I enjoy reading about how the con men stiff famous folks. The con men always get caught.

No comments: