Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday August 22, 2010

1656: Sunday and the alarm goes off at 0646. I get right up and perform the Sunday chores. I fill up Ms P's bowls, get my laundry basket from the basement, and load Nancy's and my gym bags in the Taurus. My shoulder is still not fully recovered so I did not swim. Nancy swam her usual 1500 yards. I ran two miles and then tried the Concept 2 rowing machine for several minutes.

After the MAC we headed to Meijer's for our week's groceries. We again loaded up on Michigan fruit. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I then read several sections of the GRP and fell asleep in my chair. I slept for about 30 minutes. Since it was Sunday I continued my nap upstairs. I slept for another 60 minutes. It has turned sunny and hot. The temperature is in the mid-80s. I took a 3 mile walk. I did stop on my walk to watch a big bike race that was being held in Gas Light Village. The one race I saw had about 50 riders. They looked pretty hard core.

Nancy is fixing hamburgers for dinner tonight. 2120: We also had a cucumber salad and corn on the cob. I read the paper and watched 60 minutes. I did walk Ms P around the block. On our walk I met a neighbor who had just come back from a vacation in Onaway. She met Mike Guter and his wife. Mike used to work for SCECo. Small world. We have a beautiful full moon.

No comments: