Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday August 18, 2010

1717: Wednesday my easy day and I did sleep in until 0710. This was the coolest morning in recent memory. It was 66 when I left on the retro for "Bill's". At Bill's I had the weekday special, 2 eggs, American fries, toast and 3 link sausages for $3.95. I also read the DFP and WSJ. I think I might need a speed reading class because I was in the restaurant for 90 minutes.

As I pedaled home I pondered where I should go on a bike ride. I did not sleep much so I did not want to get too far from home because I did not want to fall asleep on my ride home. I finally decided that I would head for Kent Trails/Millennium Park. It is the closest bike trail to home. I loaded up the road bike. I have not used this bike on the KT/MP trail this year. Besides I wanted to say I rode my road bike on the bike trail roads.

I rode 16 miles in 1h16'. I averaged 12.7 miles per hour. This is my fastest average time this year. I wore my heart monitor and my heart rate while riding averaged 109. I did get it up to 130 when I had to climb the only steep hill on the ride. It was a great day for a bike ride. When I got home I changed the rear tire on my retro bike. I put the original balloon tire on. These tires only carry 40 psi but it is a smooth ride on all the bad city roads. I had a very quick lunch and then showered and took a 60 minute nap.

After the nap I loaded Ms P in the C2 and headed to Costco. I picked up my prescription and bought some eye drops and trail mix. I was surprised that the eye drops are 30% cheaper than Meijer's. I also bought 100 postage stamps. They were $0.25 cheaper than the post office. Tonight is pizza night so I am leaving right now to meet Tom at Vitale's. The book club is meeting at our house.

2013: Vitale's was not very crowded this evening. Tom and I had a very pleasant evening. We agreed that with the smoking ban we can go to places like the Cottage Bar. In fact next month we will meet at the Cottage Bar for a hamburger and beer. The book club was still in session when I got home. I took Ms P out to do her bidness and then I headed upstairs. Ms P stayed downstairs. It is now 2019 and the book club has ended. I will head downstairs and help Nancy clean up. Am I a great guy or what?

2140: I read the GRP and then took a nice walk. It is a beautiful summer's evening.

No comments: