Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday August 19, 2010

1728: I got up at 0630 today. After my morning at home routine, I strapped on the heart monitor, got on the retro and headed for the MAC. As I mentioned in yesterday's blog I wore the monitor when I rode my road bike on the KT/MP roads. My heart rate when riding the bike averages about 111 and will spike to 130 when climbing a hill. My heart rate when I ran the 1.5 miles averaged about 141. I don't really know what this means other than my heart works harder when I run.

After the MAC I headed to the Kava House. Of course I read the WSJ and DFP. All papers must have an August let down. Maybe everyone is on vacation. I did determine that my morning bike ride to the MAC/Kava House and home covers 7 miles.

This morning Nancy saw a mouse in the garage. First thing this afternoon I looked around the garage for its nest. I could not find any evidence of a nest. However, I did sweep the garage and it looks better now.

Thursday is grass cutting day and today I finished the entire lawn. That includes all the trimming and edging. It was the first time in a month that I have completed the entire yard in one afternoon. It feels good. Tonight Nancy and I are heading to Great Lakes Shipping.

2128: It was so warm that we sat inside tonight. I had the walleye and it was good. When we got home I read the GRP and then headed upstairs to clean by desk off. I need a rainy day.

Jennifer had her baby at UM hospital on Tuesday. The boy's name is Caleb and he weighs 7# 12oz. Today he is scheduled to have a heart operation. I have been reading her blog and she does a great job keeping family and friends informed.

Will Roger Clemens and Lance Armstrong admit to drug use? The Feds will not give up. I hope they are better than the Blago crew.

No comments: