Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday July 7, 2010

1639: It was another scorcher today. The temperature was above 90. Wednesday is my easy day but I woke up at 0600. I took Ms P out to do her bidness and then got dressed and pedaled to "Bills" for their weekday special. After breakfast I checked on Ms P and then pumped up the road bike's tires to 120 psi and headed to White Pine Trail. I rode 26 miles on the White Pine and it took 2h15'. It was extremely hot and I was glad I brought a full water bottle.

After the ride I had a quick lunch with about a gallon of water. This afternoon I put a second coat of stain on the picnic table and bench. I took a hot shower and started reading the GRP. Nancy worked at Meijer's Garden this afternoon. When she got home about 1700 she immediately fired up the grill. She is grilling chicken for tonight. Missy called about 1700 and said she and AJ would not arrive until 1900.

Nancy and I ate dinner at 1830. Missy and AJ arrived about 1930. I was glad that Missy's car had air conditioning. It would be a long trip without the AC working. The first two cars Nancy and I owned did not have AC. Summer trips with the kids were an adventure.

We watched a little TV and then at 2100 we all headed upstairs to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I hope the rain holds off until I get the grass cut.

No comments: