Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday July 19, 2010

2133: Monday morning and I am out of bed by 0620. I do the morning routine and pedal to the MAC. This morning I ran 1.5 miles on the indoor track. I shave both my head and face. I get to the Kava House by 1030. I read both the DFP and WSJ.

I get home at 1200 and eat a quick lunch. I have a 1300 meeting with Dr Tom Schwaderer (TS). The Schwaderer's reside on Alger just south of the MAC. TS and wife live at their cottage on Lake Michigan during the summer but they had to be in town for some other business. Their cottage is next door to the Kirkwood's.

TS belongs to an Association in Lake County. The Association is like a hunting camp except that the 12 members each have a small cottage. On the property is small stream. A small bridge was placed over the stream. The bridge is 30 years old and is in a state of disrepair. I offered several repair options to TS. He seemed pleased and would bring the options before the other members.

TS's father was a road contractor in the 20s and did a lot of work in Michigan's Thumb. My grandfather was a road contractor who also did a lot of work in the Thumb in the 20s. If fact we knew at lot of the same people. TS played quarterback for Albion. He also played basketball and ran track. However, the best thing about the meeting is that Dr TS is a shoulder doctor. He gave me several exercise to do for my ailing shoulder. He said use the natural healing process before even considering surgery.

After my meeting I stopped by Meijer's to get a prescription filled. My next stop was the eye doctor to see if they could adjust my eyeglasses that had gone through the washing machine. He did a great job.

Nancy worked at the Gardens tonight and before dinner I rode my bike around the neighborhood for 11.5 miles. I had cereal for dinner and then read the paper and watched the news. Ms P and I also walked around the block. It was another warm sunny day in GR.

No comments: