Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday July 18, 2010

2109: July 18th is Steve's birthday. I remember clearly the day he was born. It has been 37 years and we all wish Steve a happy birthday.

The alarm goes off at 0646 and I get right up. As I usually do on a Sunday morning I go downstairs and get my laundry basket. It is very full this week because the very hot weather has resulted in several changes of clothes each day. Today Nancy is going swimming but I will walk on the treadmill. I walked 3 miles in 45 minutes. You can tell it is summertime in Michigan because Nancy purchased nothing but Michigan grown fruit at Meijer's. In fact almost all our purchases were perishables.

After a breakfast of Nancy's world famous poached eggs I started the newspaper and then took a short nap. We had some thunder storms move through the area this afternoon. Of course, Ms P went stark raving mad. I spent several hours clearing my desk off. I do not do much office work during nice weather. The sun came out about 1600. About 1730 I took a 1.5 mile walk. I needed to get my 30 in.

Nancy grilled hamburgers tonight. We also had corn-on-the-cob. Nancy had a drumstick and I had a dish of ice cream for dessert. We watched 60 minutes and read the paper. I also watched an old Lee Marvin western on TV. At 2100 we headed to bed.

No comments: