Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday June 12, 2010

Saturday morning and I get up at, you guessed it, 0650. Today is a travel day. I load the road bike on my C2 and head for Cleveland. For breakfast today I stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and three sour cream donuts. Breakfast of Champions. The ride to Cleveland went without a hitch. I encountered some construction but no major delays. I did stop at Cabella's in Dundee but did not purchase anything. A tornado devastated parts of Dundee but Cabella's was spared any damage.

It was very hot and humid at Melissa's. Usually I don't mind hot humid conditions but today I did not want to be doing any strenuous activities. Akerke and Melissa were in fine spirits. The bond between Akerke and Melissa is becoming stronger. It is a joy to see.

We had dinner at the "Leaping Lizard". They had outside dining but I wanted to eat inside under the AC. I had a salad with roast duck. It was very good.

It had been a long day so I headed to bed early. I set the alarm on my cell to go off at 0600. We want to be in Burton, Ohio by 0800. The bike ride, which starts at 0800, is called a "Sunday in June" and we will ride either 25 or 50 miles tomorrow depending on the weather. Also Akerke has a fever and Melissa wants to make sure she can handle the ride.

No comments: