Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday April 28, 2010

2051: I love Wednesday, it is my easy day. Today I got up at 0700 and decided that I would eat at Bill's. I got in the C2 and drove to Bill's. I had the weekday special. It consists of 2 eggs, 3 link sausages, toast and hash browns for $3.75. A real bargain. We had freeze warnings last night but I think our low was only 35. It was a bright clear day so I decided to go kayaking. I loaded up the kayak on its new rack. My first attempt at loading was a complete bust and I scratched the car. My second attempt was successful and really easy. Why does it take two attempts? I got the kayak secured but decided I needed better bungee cords. I stopped by Rylee's and bought two new chords. They worked great.

Today I put in at the Fulton Street/Amway ramp. I paddled up the Grand River until I got to the Thornapple River and paddled the Thornapple until I got to the dam. I then returned to the Grand and spent the next half hour paddling up the Grand. It was a great day for a paddle. I think I saw a zillion turtles. They were all soaking up sun. This was my first time on the water this year so I limited my time to 2 hours.

When I got home I walked Ms P around the block. I then took a 30 minute walk. I also packed for my trip to Gaylord tomorrow and to Alpena on Friday. Nancy worked at the Garden this afternoon. We had cereal for dinner tonight. I watched the news and then read the newspaper while listening to tunes on my new itouch. Missy and AJ are coming tomorrow. I have a Building Code meeting at 1530. Nancy will pick up Helen and Don at the airport. I hope to leave for Gaylord before 1700.

No comments: