Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday April 5, 2010

2024: Monday morning and I sleep in until 0650. The temperature at 0700 is 56 which for this date is very high. It is difficult to determine what to wear on my bike trip to the MAC. It is usually 15 degrees warmer when I leave the MAC than when I arrive. Today I implemented my summer schedule. I reduced my Concept 2 row distance from 5k to 4k and I increased my run from 1.5 miles to 2 miles. I now run outdoors. I think the 6 laps to a mile at the MAC is in error. I think that it probably should be 6.5 laps to the mile. The reason I say this is that my mile time indoors is 10 minutes and my mile time outdoors using the GPS is 11 minutes. Being outdoors would not slow me down that much.

I also wore my GPS on my bike trip to see how many miles I ride to the MAC, Kava House and home. It is almost 7 miles. There was not much in either the DFP or WSJ. However, I did read both papers. I got home at 1300 and had a quick lunch. Ms P and I then got in the C2 and ran some errands. Our first stop was Lowe's to buy some light bulbs. Then we stopped at Woodland Mall. I am looking for a travel vest and a poplin sport coat. I struck out on both items. Brooks Brothers make the best poplin sport coats and suits. I was also looking for a wide brim hat like the Tilley I use to have. I am still hatless.

I stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond and purchased a circular shoe rack that I can put in my office. The rack I bought holds 18 pair. I also filled the C2 up and paid $2.81 per gallon. When we got home I lugged 15 yard waste bags down to the curb. Tomorrow is the first day the city picks up yard waste. I also took a 1.5 mile walk.

All the trees are nearly in full bloom. Our grass is long enough to cut. In our 36 years on Mackinaw this is the earliest spring I can remember. Usually the leaves are not out until the 4th week in April.

There was not much on TV tonight except the BB game. I walked Ms P around the block and then headed upstairs to do this blog. It is now 2051 and I am heading to bed to read and watch the BB game. I put the TV on mute.

No comments: