Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday April 10, 2010

2144: No alarm was set this morning because the MAC is on spring break hours. I get up at 0700 and hop on the AT and head to Bill's for pancake and eggs. It was a nice day for a bike ride. After breakfast Ms P and I get in the C2 and head to Lowes to buy some string for my weed eater and also two bags of mulch. When we get back home I spend some time mounting a single kayak rack on top of the car. The other support will be provided by the soon to be made rack that attaches to the trailer hitch. In fact Nancy helped me load the kayak on the single cross rack so I could get some measurements for the rear rack.

Nancy and I spread nine bags of mulch, 27 cubic feet, on all the flower beds around the house. It took us about 90 minutes. Ms P spent most of the time watching us although one time she wandered off and our neighbor had to bring her back. I ended the afternoon outdoor activities with a 3 mile walk. I showered and took a short nap. At 1700 Nancy and I got ready for dinner. Tonight we had dinner with Ed and Mary Namy at Grand Rapids Brewing Company. After dinner we returned to our house for blueberry pie, ice cream and cookies. It was a good evening.

No comments: