Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday April 9, 2010

1406: Last night I mentioned the first Sanborn family in the US. The head of this family was the Rev Stephen Bachiler. The Rev Stephen was a free spirit and was reprimanded by his church many times. The church was a branch of the Puritan Church of Plymouth, MA fame. The Rev Stephen left Southampton, England on March 9, 1632 and arrived in Boston on June 3, 1632. In the Rev's party was his wife, daughter Anne Sanborn and her three sons. Ann Bachiler Sanborn was born in 1600 in Hampshire, England. She married John Sanborn and had three sons, John, William and Stephen. Ann was a widow.

The Rev Stephen tried to start several churches in MA but as soon as they got started he was reprimanded by the mother church. He finally ended up in N.H. The town originally had an Indian name but the Rev Stephen soon got it changed to Hampton. Hampton is the nickname for Southampton, England. The Rev Stephen's wife died in NH and he soon took another wife at age 88. His new wife was found to be an adulterous woman and was whipped and made to wear a letter A on her clothes. Rev Stephen tried to divorce his new wife but the courts would not allow it because of his problems with the church. Rev Stephen threw in the towel and headed back to England. He died in England at the ripe old age of 100. His three grandsons remained in NH and started the Sanborn branch in the US.

The family tree is on MyHeritage.com. I called the file Teamrhscott. The software says that family members can review the file. Maybe someone should try to open this file.

I got up at 0700 this morning. It was very cold, 33, but it did not freeze last night. I bundled up for my ride to the MAC. It is a cold but sunny day. I followed my normal routine, MAC/Kava House. After I finish this sentence I will head outside to spread some mulch and put part of my kayak rack on the C2. I will continue later.

2120: I put the kayak rack together and took all the boxes of family material downstairs. I moved four bags of mulch from the garage to the breezeway. I also added a bike bag to my AT.

Tonight Nancy and I had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. We had a coupon. I gave the food a 2.75 rating. After dinner we stopped at Staples so Nancy could purchase some string tags for the gift shop. We then headed to Macy's. I purchased a shirt and Nancy bought several pairs of pants. Our final stop was Lowe's. We purchased four bags of mulch. Not much on TV so at 2100 we headed upstairs.

No comments: