Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday April 15, 2010

1753: Ms P got me up at 0610. Today the temperature is suppose to get to 80 and then tonight it will drop rapidly. It is difficult to know how to dress for my bike ride to the MAC. The temperature was in the 40s when I left for the MAC and in the 60s when I left the MAC. In fact I got so warm riding to the Kava House that I had to stop the bike and remove my jacket. I read the DFP and a portion of the WSJ. The DFP actively reports on the problems in the Detroit School System. They seem to have given Mayor Bing a pass while he tries to get the city's house in order.

I had a quick lunch and then headed for the office. Eric Rickert wanted to talk about deck and box beam cracking in Midland County. I gave my opinion for what it is worth. After my meeting with Eric Rickert I headed to the Amway Grand Plaza. I attended the UM's Board of Regents meeting. The meeting was like all public board meetings, boring unless you had an item on the agenda. I did learn that UM is not immune to money problems. The meeting was over at 1600 and then they held a reception at the JW Marriot hotel. I attended because who can turn down free beer and food. I left a little after 1700.

Nancy also attended a wine and cheese party so we will stay home this evening. Nancy said she enjoyed the wine and cheese party.

2111: Nancy fixed me a bowl of soup for dinner. We also split an orange. It seems that every night we split an orange. Oranges are healthy.

We watched the news and between 1900 and 2000 I dozed and watched Chris Matthews. At 2000 we watched Bones and at 2100 we headed upstairs. The temperature is still in the 70s but is suppose to cool off later. They are expecting frost this weekend.

No comments: