Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday April 8, 2010

2119: I slept in until 0700 this morning. I think it is the weather causing my fatigue. It was 44 degrees at 0700 and the temperature continued to fall all day. It is suppose to freeze tonight. My morning routine went off without a hitch except I really had to bundle up for my bike ride. On my ride to the MAC I wore rain pants because the TV man said it would rain all day. My hands got cold even though I wore gloves.

At the Kava House I read both the DFP and WSJ. I am so tired of reading about Tiger Woods. Who cares? The DFP actually contained some feel good stories. They think the economy in Detroit has turned around. The WSJ reported that the price of natural gas is much cheaper than oil on a btu basis. Why don't we insist that trucks use natural gas for fuel?

When I got home Nancy was meeting with a decorator regarding material for the two chairs she wants reupholstered. (Nancy helped me spell reupholstered) Ms P was very sluggish this morning and both Nancy and I thought she might be under the weather. However, she had recovered by noon. It was such a nasty day outside that I spent the entire afternoon in my office. I now have all the family material sorted. I was able to trace my great grandmother Scott (Rayburn) family to Scotland.

My great grandfather Sanborn had his roots in England. According to a Sanborn history book nearly all members of the Sanborn family in the US are descendants of three brothers that came to the US from England in the early 1600s. In fact the Town of Hampton, NH was named by a relative in 1639. Hampton is what the English call Southampton, England.

I spent nearly three hours rereading all the family history. It was fun. Tomorrow I will take all the plastic boxes of family material downstairs. Maybe when the snow flies again I will spend some time scanning photos and working on the family tree. I have all the data on a piece of software called "My Heritage". I will try and print out the family tree.

This evening Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. In honor of the cold weather I had the French dip. We watched the news and then Bones and CSI. Gas is now $2.95 per gallon and the trees are nearly in full bloom. Everyone is hoping the frost will not damage any crops.

No comments: