Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday April 1, 2009

Nancy and I both woke at 0650. Nancy has a 1020 plane to catch. She is going to LB. After loading the car we head for Arnie's for breakfast. We both had the Balanced Breakfast and were disappointed. I drop Nancy at the airport at 0900. After dropping Nancy off I get the Aztek washed. I also stop at KCECU to renew a CD. The rates are not very good but I predict that they will be at 5% by October.

I have been curious about the location of our property corners. I stop by the office and get a metal detector. At noon the MAC has open swim so I swam 1100 yards. The pool was almost empty. My afternoon project was to locate our property corners. The metal detector worked great and I was able to locate all four corners. Ms P rode with me to the office to return the metal detector. I finished the afternoon with a 4 mile walk. Ms P and I walked around the block three times today.

Not much on TV so I have been working in my office. I need to pay some bills and answer some emails.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was cold, 28 in the morning. GG filled a mud hole on Wash Ave. It took 2 loads of bank run soil and 5 loads of gravel. Richard Schultz helped and burned out his clutch. I think in 1938 that citizens, in lieu of taxes, helped with road repairs. Cousin David and 2 friends stopped by for smelt.

No comments: