Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday April 6, 2009

Ms Petunia and I went outside this morning expecting to see snow on the ground. The storm was south of Grand Rapids. Battle Creek got 5" and we got 0. The day has been blustery but at noon the sun came out. I followed my normal morning routine.

This afternoon Ms Petunia and I ran some errands. We had some banking errands and we also had to buy some good girl treats and bread. Tomorrow is trash day. It is also the first day of yard waste pickup. I took 17 yard waste bags down to the curb. I paid our taxes and walked to the Post Office to mail them. I am always surprised at how busy the Eastown Post Office is. They had 20 people in line.

All of Michigan is excited about the MSU game tonight. Detroit had 6" of snow but the TV is showing long lines of people waiting to get in Ford Field.

This week is spring break week. A week long spring break did not exist when I was a boy. We got Good Friday and Easter Monday off. We never left Alpena.

Ossineke, Mi this day in 1938. It was cold, 30 degrees, and clear all day. GG was home all day. The radio reported heavy snow in Chicago and Detroit.

No comments: