Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday April 12, 2009

Happy Easter! Ms P and I slept in until 0730. The swimming pool is closed today. It was cold this morning, 28 degrees. It was 12 in Big Rapids. My first task this morning was to go to Meijers and buy some groceries.

I decided to take a long bike trip today. The weather man said that the day would be sunny and it would warm up to 50 degrees. I loaded the road bike and headed to Montcalm County. I rode on the Heartland Trail from Sidney to Edmore. The total trip was 30 miles. I saw a lot of birds including some big turkeys. The frogs were all croaking. I have read about a major decline of the frog population, however, they sounded plentiful and healthy today. I almost ran over a garter snake sunning itself on the warm asphalt. The turtles were also out sunning themselves. Based on these observations I have declared that spring is officially here.

When I got home I put away all my winter clothes. I got out my shorts and khaki pants.

Tonight I will have hot dogs. I intend to go to bed early because I missed my Sunday afternoon nap.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. It was 40 degrees today. GG picked up 5 bushels of wood for the Mrs (GG words). He also drove to the Domkes.

No comments: