Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday April 30, 2009

Back to normal means no alarm, and that is the way it was this morning. I got up at 0600 and performed my normal morning routine. My plan today was to get the oil changed on my Aztek. It is about 1500 miles overdue. I was heading for the Pontiac garage, when about 0.5 miles from my destination, I hear a noise. The Azek was pulling to the left. I thought I had a flat tire but did not look until I got to the garage (not recommended). Flat is flat. I leave the Aztek at the garage and walk to the MAC, a distance of about 1.5 miles. After the MAC I walked over to the bank to see if I had enough money to pay for the new tire and oil change. I did. On my walk back to the garage it started to rain hard. I had my raincoat but got soaked anyway. Luckily I had a short wait at the garage. I got some coffee at the Kava House.

At home I picked up Nancy and we head for Costco to get pictures developed of her trip to LB, Ca. I filled her car up, $1.98 per gallon. We had lunch at Costco. I had 1.5 hot dogs and Nancy had 0.5. We also stopped by Lowes to see if the wood mulch I priced yesterday was the type Nancy wanted. It was. I drove Nancy to Meijer's Garden so she could complete some volunteer paperwork.

It continues to rain so I took a short nap. Isn't retirement great?

Tonight we are going to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. I will spend the rest of the evening reading the DFP and GRP.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG cleared leaves all day. Sister, a cousin (2nd), is coming down with the measles. David, also a 2nd cousin, is a little better. Uncle Guy cut 5 bu of wood and GG put it on the porch.

No comments: