Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday April 27, 2009

Alarm goes off at 0555. Tasha and Ms P get up and immediately head for Cleveland. Today I have to go to the hospital lab to get some blood drawn for my annual physical. My exercise routine is only 50% of normal. After the lab work I load HC into the Aztek and head for Rosebush to meet with Ruth the administrator at Rosebush Manor. We had lunch at "The Diner" on Mission Road. I had corn beef hash with eggs. It was great.

We stop by Mayflower Moving to arrange packing up cousin's Pegs furniture and moving it to a storage area. We had a 2PM meeting with Peg's attorney. He will help get Peg's estate through the legal system. It did not seem as difficult as I first thought.

We stopped by the nursery to see about new shrubs at the grave site. We also stopped by the flower shop to get some geraniums placed for the Memorial Day weekend. It rained most of the way back to GR.

I was checking my email when I get a call from my old high school friend Tom Cassell. We talked for about 40 minutes. It is always good to talk to Tom.

This evening I intend to watch 24. Tomorrow HC and I have to be at Rosebush Manor for a 1100 Memorial Service.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was warm, 80, clear with high west wind. Hawx are on, Guy and others shot 50 east of Devil's River. (Just a note. Uncle Guy loved to shoot crows. In 1938 there was a bounty on crows because they were considered a nuisance. I am assuming the Hawx mentioned was a bird like the crow.)

No comments: