Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday April 23, 2009

The sun was shining today when I drove to the MAC. I set my alarm because I had to pick Nancy up at the airport. My workout was at 75% of normal so I had time to pick up Nancy. I parked in the cell phone lot at the airport. Nancy called when she had picked up her bag and I met her at the pickup point. No parking or waiting, cell phones can be a useful tool.

It was good to see Nancy after 3 weeks. This is the longest we have been separated in 44 years of marriage. I spotted her waiting outside the terminal and I said wow what a good looking gal.

The temperature tomorrow is suppose to reach the mid 70s. So when we got home I put some screens on the windows.

Cousin Peg is about the same. I talked to several women who are friends and they are all cheering her on. Go Peg go!

When I got home I took our side door screen to the hardware store for repair. Today is the day that the public is allowed to walk through the old OHHS and Elementary. Demolition starts tomorrow. It is a good thing we live close to the school because no parking places were available on any of the surrounding streets. The line to get in extended from the northeast entrance to around the block on Iroquois. Visiting hours were from 5 to 8 PM. They even had the OHHS band playing for the visitors.

Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. It was the first time in a month. SPS called and he had just installed skype. We had a audio and video conversation. I also got to talk to LA.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cold and windy day. GG and GGM drove to Alpena and were home by noon. GG worked in post office in the afternoon. Hazel drove to Alpena to bake sale at Hasskous.

No comments: