Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday April 8, 2009

I had to set the alarm because I have 0700 Breakfast Club. They had a full house at the meeting. I am getting to know more members and find that us old guys are generally on the same wave length. A lot of members are back after spending the winter in warmer climates. After the meeting I checked my email and then loaded up the kayak and headed for Holland. I put in at the Holland Township boat launch on Lake Macatawa. I paddled upstream and looked at both the River Ave and 120th Ave bridges. The day was sunny but very breezy.

I stopped by my favorite sporting goods in Holland. It is called the Outpost. I was surprised that they have reduced their inventory of kayaks for surf boards that you stand on and paddle using a long handled canoe paddle. I think it is called a paddle board. I will not partake of this new sport.

When I got home I took Ms P for a walk and then read some email. This evening I had dinner with Ed and Tom at Vitales. Pizza and beer are always good. The weather report indicates that it will start to warm up. I plan on some quality bike and kayak time this weekend.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. It was very cold with a strong north wind. GG worked in the post office in the afternoon and GGM attended the Friendly Circle. (I have no idea what the Friendly Circle is?)

No comments: