Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday March 17, 2009

St Patrick's Day according to my calender is the first day of spring. It always has been and always will be. In recent days we have had a large number of robins return to the neighborhood. At 0610, when Ms Petunia and I went out, the chirping of the robins spooked her. She did not do her bidness.

I followed my normal routine and got home from the Kava House at 12:30. After lunch I worked in the yard for about 2 hours. I continued to cut up trimmed tree branches and raked the planter strip. After the yard work I took a 3 mile walk.

The ice is completely off Reeds Lake. I might put in my kayak tomorrow.

Nancy has a neighborhood meeting this evening so I am home alone. I will read the GRP and watch NCIS. I must also read material for tomorrows Grand Rapids Building Authority meeting. All the material is in pdf format. Pdf appears to be the format for everything. JD sent me a set of plans last week in this format.

Alpena, MI this date in 1956. Jerry Kendzorski invited a bunch of senior classmates over to his house to play poker. I was 17 at the time and just finding out about beer, etc. Jerry's mother had purchased a keg of green beer for us. I thought it was cool that his mother would allow us to drink. We also had baloney sandwiches on green bread. Douville's (sp?), a local bakery, had made the bread especially for St Pat's day. The baloney came from Kruger's Meat Market. Kruger's was noted throughout Northern Michigan for their baloney.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Today is GG 82 birthday. He was born in 1856 in Sanborn, New York. Sanborn, NY was named after GG's father as was Sanborn Township, Mi. Ossineke, MI is located in Sanborn Township. It was warm on GG birthday. Aunt Julia, GG daughter, had a church dinner and they made $16. Aunt Laura, another daughter, and her husband John visited. Laura gave GG $5 and Julia gave him a shirt. GG worked in the post office in the afternoon.

No comments: