Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday March 7, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0625 and I wake Nancy so she can attend her 0700 class at the MAC. Rain is suppose to start early this morning. I put on my walking shoes and hustle to walk around Reeds Lake before the rain starts. I wore my GPS so I could measure my walking pace. It is between 15 and 16 minutes per mile. I got 3 miles into the walk and I had to get my rain coat out of the back pack. I stopped at the Kava House and had a sweet roll and read the NYT. The news lately has been very depressing. However, from my perspective I don't think this down turn is as bad as it was in the early 1980s. Unemployment then was above 10% nationwide and interest rates were around 18%. I was out of work for about 2 months. My total walk was 7.94 miles.

It continued to rain so in the PM I took a nap. At 5:30 Nancy and I headed for Linda and Tom's for dinner. Another couple and Tim M were there. We had ham and a great brown rice dish. It was Tim's birthday and Nancy made a chocolate cake. A good time was had by all.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG reported that it was cold and clear with strong March winds.

No comments: