Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday March 20, 2009

Today is the official first day of spring. It was cold, 18, this morning. I cannot remember a March where we have had so much sunshine. Today was beautiful with a clear blue sky all day.

The Tru-Green man came this afternoon to put some fertilizer on the lawn. I talked him out of it, saying I had not finished raking the lawn. This afternoon I did finish raking the lawn, except for a small patch that is loaded with trimmed tree branches. I will finish trimming these branches on Monday.

Tonight was 2 for 1 night and dollar beer night at the GR Griffins hockey game. When we got to the arena a sign said the game was sold out. We were with Linda and Tom. We had dinner at a local bar. We got home and started watching a NCAA BB game when I fell asleep for an hour.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm day, 40 to 50. GG went with Edward Schuske to the lot (he bought from GG). He buys new bargain, 200 feet along US 23, north from Domkes 200 feet. He paid $25+$5 per foot. Saw Noogle & Fr Brussean. (GG handwriting is getting very shaky)

No comments: