Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday March 21, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0626 and I wake Nancy. She works at Meijers Gardens this morning so she said she is not going to the MAC. (did I have enough she in the last sentence) I went back to bed and slept to 0700. Today there is a sportsman show at the convention center. I decide to walk to the show. On my way I stop at the Common Ground and talk to Rick DV. He tells me that he has his house in Wilcox Park up for sale. They bought a condo in Plainfield Twp.

I stop at the Amway to buy a NYT and have a biscuit in the deli. I think I have found an apple fritter as good as the market in Cle. The Amway's fritters are huge. The show was packed. A lot of fishing gear was on display. Also fishing boats, pontoons and outboard motors. I remember when we had a 15 HP outboard. It was light enough to carry. It was state of the art. Today most outboards are 90 HP or more and weigh a couple hundred pounds. The Red Man Chewing Tobacco Company was providing free samples.

On my way home I stopped at the DeVos Center box office to see if any tickets were available for tonight's Pops Concert. They had some $75 tickets. I said no thanks.

This afternoon Nancy and I drove to Home Depot to look at some garden supplies. We took Ms Petunia. I was looking at an electric chain saw and Nancy wanted a leaf blower. We did not buy anything. For dinner tonight we had some of Nancy's world famous pea soup.

I watched the UM basketball game. It was ok. Not much was on TV so Nancy went to bed early. Ms Petunia and I watched Clint Eastwood in "High Plains Drifter".

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was warm and sunny all day. GG drove to Couture's for gas and oil. He then drove to the mouth of the river (Devils) to see if all the ice was out. It was.

No comments: